ALLIANCE Hockey has announced this evening, a pause in ALL EXTERNAL PLAY for ALLIANCE Associations, from DECEMBER 17-26, 2021.
This would include all AAA, AA, MD league or exhibition games and all Select exhibition games.
Please see the full ALLIANCE release below:
ALLIANCE Hockey closely monitored the current state of the COVID-19 Pandemic through consultation with public health authorities and Member Associations. Based upon that guidance and prudent consideration of all variables, ALLIANCE Hockey will be implementing a mandatory pause in all ALLIANCE Hockey sanctioned external play effective Friday, December 17, 2021, through to Sunday, December 26, 2021.
Based upon that guidance and prudent consideration of all variables, ALLIANCE Hockey will be implementing a mandatory pause in all ALLIANCE Hockey sanctioned external play effective Friday, December 17, 2021, through to Sunday, December 26, 2021.
Some of the variables associated with this decision are as follows:
- First and foremost, the safety and wellbeing of all participants,
- Requests received from families, coaches, and Member Associations to temporarily pause due to the number of teams/players currently impacted by positive cases,
- The number of cancellations due to COVID-19 cases and close contacts requiring isolation by teams and the overall impact on scheduling,
- The current state of the COVID-19 pandemic within the province of Ontario, the adjustments to the Re-Opening Ontario Plan and the overall impact on sport,
- The importance and timing of vaccinations for the 5-11 age group as well as boosters for those over age 12,
- The considerable impact this is having on all Volunteers
- The holiday season and associated pressures,
- Implementation of OHF Tournament Strategy which will be forwarded to Member Associations Dec. 17th for both Internal and External Tournaments.
External play applies to all ALLIANCE Hockey scheduled Rep, MD League games. With this said, teams may utilize scheduled ice times for internal practices. Every effort will be made to reschedule games where possible.
ALLIANCE Hockey and our Member Associations have been thrilled to provide programming for the 2021-2022 season over the last few months and we extend our sincere gratitude to all stakeholders, including participants, officials, volunteers, families, facilities, etc. who have continued to implement and practice safe measures to date.
ALLIANCE Hockey will continue to monitor the situation, provide the necessary updates, and look forward to resuming full competition as soon as possible.