ALLIANCE Return to Hockey
Alliance Hockey has updated their Return to Hockey (RTH)
Plan with more information regarding Programming, Vaccinations, Accommodations,
The full ALLIANCE RTH Plan can be found here:
ALLIANCE HOCKEY - COVID VACCINE POLICY STATEMENT
ALLIANCE Hockey will require proof of COVID-19 immunization for all vaccine eligible participants
(12 years of age and above and unless exempted) including players, team officials, game officials, staff, and volunteers in order to participate in ALLIANCE Hockey sanctioned programming.
Eligible participants will require proof of having received their first dose by SEPTEMBER 17, 2021 and be fully vaccinated by OCTOBER 31, 2021.
To comply with the above noted Policy Statement, proof of vaccination must be presented to a Waterloo Minor Hockey Association Authorized Delegate, as follows:
1. September 15, 16 and 17th: a WMHA table will be set up outside of RIM Park between 4-8pm for Participants entering the rink for AAA and AA tryouts, to present proof of vaccination.
2. Please bring BOTH of the following as proof of vaccination for your Player and/or yourself in the case of Coaches, Trainers or other Team Officials:
- A digital or physical Dose Administration Receipt; AND
- Ontario Health Card
3. The ONLY documentation that we are permitted to accept on these dates will be a PROOF OF VACCINATION RECEIPT. All other documentation (unless approved by the ALLIANCE) will be denied and the participant WILL NOT be allowed to participate (on or after September 17, 2021).
4. Future dates will be posted for players attending MD tryouts and/or House League evaluations to provide Proof of Vaccination.
5. We will follow up with all eligible participants who have provided proof of only one dose as of September 17th (second dose must be administered prior to October 17, 2021 to be fully vaccinated by October 31, 2021) to update their vaccination status.
6. Only COVID-19 vaccines authorized for use by Health Canada are considered acceptable vaccinations.
WMHA will NOT be retaining copies of the Dose Administration Receipts or Health Card information on file. Our authorized Delegates will be recording the Player’s Name, Date of Birth, Team Affiliation and noting their vaccination status (ie – no vaccination, 1 dose or 2 doses). If any physical paperwork is provided, the records will be held in a secure location and destroyed when no longer required.
**PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT WMHA DIRECTLY FOR EXEMPTION REQUESTS**
All Accommodation Requests MUST be sent to and approved by ALLIANCE Hockey prior to participation in any WMHA sanctioned events, including tryouts/evaluations, commencing on or after September 17, 2021. No other Accommodation Paperwork will be accepted.
Medical Exemption Process:
Creed / Religion Exemption Process: