Waterloo Minor Hockey is excited to announce our 2019-20 Most Valuable Teammate Program
Each month, four (4) players in the WMHA House League program will be selected as MVT's for their respective age division and be awarded with box seats to take in a Kitchener Rangers game with friends and family!!
To be eligible, players must be rostered to a WMHA House League team and demonstrate sportsmanship, character, teamwork, leadership and discipline on the rink, in the classroom and/or in the community that has a positive influence on their peers, teams, school and/or community.
WMHA recognizes the importance of acknowledging and promoting the opportunities and skills that participation in minor hockey offers the young men who participate in our programs.
Through their involvement in hockey with WMHA, players develop sportsmanship, character, teamwork, leadership and discipline, which they can transfer to other areas of their life such as academics and community service.
The MVT program is aimed at showcasing our young athletes who demonstrate these talents and values both on and off the ice in the hopes that it will encourage and reinforce their participation in athletics, education and the greater community.
Each division between Minor Atom and Major Midget will be assigned three (3) months between October and February to select a MVT, with 4 players being selected each month. During their designated month, the Convenor for the relevant division will be responsible for soliciting a nomination from the Head Coach of each team to submit to the applicable Rec Director.
Nominations are due by the 20th of each month.
The selection months and game nights for each division are as follows:
- October – Bantam (1 player from each birth year), Minor PeeWee, Major PeeWee
- Game Night 1 (PeeWees) – Nov 19 @ 7:00pm vs Guelph
- Game Night 2 (Bantams) – Nov 22 @ 7:30pm vs London
- November – Minor Atom, Major Atom, Minor Midget, Major Midget
- Game Night 1 (Midgets) – Dec 6 @ 7:30pm vs Oshawa
- Game Night 2 (Atoms) – Dec 10 @ 7:00pm vs London
- December – Bantam (1 player from each birth year), Minor PeeWee, Major PeeWee
- Game Night 1 (Bantams) – Jan 17 @ 7:30pm vs North Bay
- Game Night 2 (PeeWees) – Jan 31 @ 7:30pm vs Owen Sound
- January – Minor Atom, Major Atom, Minor Midget, Major Midget
- Game Night 1 (Atoms) – Feb 11 @ 7:00pm vs Erie
- Game Night 2 (Midgets) – Feb 21 @ 7:30pm vs Erie
- February – Atom (combined – 1 selection), PeeWee (combined – 1 selection), Bantam (combined – 1 selection), Midget (combined – 1 selection)
- Game Night 1 (Bantam, Midget) – Mar 6 @ 7:30pm vs Barrie
- Game Night 2 (Atom, PeeWee) – Mar 20 @ 7:30pm vs Flint
When submitting a player name for the MVT Award, Coaches should include some bullet points in support of their nomination based on the following criteria:
The MVT Award will be given to the player who’s sportsmanship, character, teamwork, leadership and discipline on the rink, in the classroom and/or in the community has had a positive influence on their peers, teams, school and/or community.
In partnership with the Kitchener RANGERS, each player selected as MVT will receive:
- FREE admission to a Kitchener RANGERS game in-style with exclusive access to a private, eight (8) person luxury suite, including 4 tickets and 1 VIP suite holder parking pass.
- complimentary box of popcorn and beverage (to be confirmed) + RANGERS keepsake item
- public recognition through WMHA social media & in-game via the Aud’s PA system, on-ice projection systems and/or overhead video screen
- personal interview with Darren Stevenson and 519Sportsonline https://519sportsonline.ca/
BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OUR MVT'S THIS SEASON!!